Writer ~ Enthusiast ~ Ministry Leader ~
Nurturing and empowering children to stand firm on God's Word because the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs. (Matthew 5:10)

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Recognize the I Am Before I Am?

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right." Henry Ford
"A man is but the product of his thoughts, what he thinks, he becomes." Mahatma Gandhi
"Change your thoughts, and you change your world." Norman Vincent Peale

What is your affirmation statement? Have you created one for yourself?  http://freedictionary.com indicates: an affirmation is a statement of the existence or truth of something.  I remember hearing a sermon by Beverly Davis, Pastor of Women's Ministries of New Creation Church of San Diego, CA, and she stated "Who are you? Write it down and stick it on the mirror, so that it is the first thing you see in the morning."  It's an empowering thought to know that we can encourage and motivate ourselves to excel past the expectations of others.  Do you know the 'others' I speak of?  The 'others' are any person who reminds you what you are incapable of completing.

Henry Ford mass manufactured the motor vehicle.  Mahatma Gandhi led a nation to peace, inspired by non-violence; and Norman Vincent Peale generated a national, now international movement for positive thinking, because he wrote one book.  All three men understood their personal goals could be attained if they first believed in themselves.  I wonder, how often they had to remind themselves of who they were?  How often did they write and rewrite their affirmation statements?

If you want to linger on 'what' your affirmation should say, take a look at the affirmation statements of our GOD:

"I AM who I AM." Exodus 3:14 (NLT)
"Be still, and know that I am God!" (NLT)
"I am the way, the truth, and the life." John 14:6 (NLT)
"Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches.  Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit.  For apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5 (NLT)

Then take a look at who GOD says that you are:

"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13 (NLT)
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28 (NLT)
"But you belong to God, my dear children.  You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world." 1John 4:4 (NLT)

Now, what is your affirmation statement?  If the I AM is before your "I am," then the possibilities are endless for those persons who seek to live according to the purpose of the I AM. 

"I am an excellent friend, teacher, nurturer, and encourager who gives of my self with the same naivety of the children I serve."  Tarah Hutchinson

I told you mine...post your affirmation in the comments below.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment