Writer ~ Enthusiast ~ Ministry Leader ~
Nurturing and empowering children to stand firm on God's Word because the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs. (Matthew 5:10)

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Forgiveness Friday: Book, Jesus is My Special Friend

Jesus is My Special Friend
author, Susan S. Balika


Excerpt from the book:

"I have another friend.  His name is David.  David and I like to play games together.  We build roads in the sand and make garages from blocks. We pretend that David is the mechanic, and I am a race-car driver.  Sometimes we fight.  We get angry with each other.  David takes his big, yellow dump truck and goes home.  That makes me feel sad inside.  It is hard to say "I'm sorry.  But, I have a very special Friend."

I happily recommend this book, because it has a lot to offer.  It's an early reader book for ages 7-9, but many ages, preschool to lower middle grades, can enjoy the easy to understand message: "My special Friend is Jesus." I wanted to note it today, because of this short excerpt about the friend David.  The main character expresses how we feel when a friend doesn't let us ask for forgiveness, or forgive us.  We will always feel sad.  But, we have a special Friend who will never let us feel sad by not forgiving us, or allowing us to say "I'm sorry." 

No comments:

Post a Comment