Writer ~ Enthusiast ~ Ministry Leader ~
Nurturing and empowering children to stand firm on God's Word because the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs. (Matthew 5:10)

Friday, March 15, 2013

Forgiveness Friday: Move to Forgive

These scriptures refer to actively and purposefully forgiving:
Mark 11:25
Ephesians 4:27, 31, 32
Romans 5:5; 12:10, 16-18
Philippians 1:9,11; 2:2
John 1:9
1 Peter 3:8,11,12

I've learned that accepting my role as a leader and developing into the Godly servant leader I'm called to be; first, I began with ME recognizing my weakness: forgiveness.  In the past, I would casually list the names of those persons who had sinned against me, and I would say "I'll answer for not forgiving them once I get to heaven."  I've said the prayer listed below.  I've cried my eyes out for the bitterness and hurt I carried wastefully for so many years.

I'm grateful that God has forgiven ME, because I've forgiven them.  Today I am FREE.

The following is an excerpt from Prayers That Avail Much by Germaine Copeland

"Father, I repent of holding on to bad feelings toward others.  I bind myself to Godly repentance and loose myself from bitterness, resentment, envying, strife, and unkindness in any form.  Father, I ask Your forgiveness for the sin of ____________.  By faith, I receive it, having assurance that I am cleansed from all unrighteousness through Jesus Christ.  I ask You to forgive and release all who have wronged and hurt me.  I forgive and release them.  Deal with them in Your mercy and loving-kindness."

No comments:

Post a Comment