Writer ~ Enthusiast ~ Ministry Leader ~
Nurturing and empowering children to stand firm on God's Word because the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs. (Matthew 5:10)

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Book Review: The Prayer of Jabez for Kids

I was over joyed when I finally put aside the cost and paid for my copy of The Prayer of Jabez by Bruce Wilkinson.  Now this book was published years ago, but I have read it for the first time this past month at the suggestion of a wonderful friend.  And, I'm glad I did.  To my surprise, I found on our bookshelf in the dining room a copy of The Prayer of Jabez for Kids.  And, I felt that rush of excitement again.  I do remember purchasing this book for my now 16 year old when he was 12! I peeked into his room and asked, "you remember reading this book?" "Yeah, I think I do...yes I do, it was quick," was his reply.

Just as the adult version of this book, it is a fast read.  The most interesting segments of this children's version that caught my attention were the "Bible Snapshot."  Bruce Wilkinson has set aside several pages within the chapters to highlight a bible character of integrity and faithfulness (expanding on the bible knowledge available to the children).  I do recommend this book.


Book Description (http://amazon.com)

June 25, 2001
Bringing the #1 bestseller alive for kids ages 8 - 12 years old, The Prayer of Jabez for Kids follows the same size, format and, most importantly, the same message of The Prayer of Jabez. However, it adds terrific features that will appeal to kids such as line art cartoons, friendly designs and snapshots of key biblical characters who lived big for God. These are all encompassed in kid-friendly applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment